Yes, absolutely. You must immediately send a legal notice and after sending the notice, if the problem does not get resolved, you can even file a case against the other side in a court of law.
In such a case, you will receive a legal notice from the third party, claiming that you have copied or reproduced their registered work. Vakilsearch can help you reply to the legal notice and in the further litigation process.
Copyright protection is valid for 60 years. If it is literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works, the 60-year period is counted from the year following the expiry of the author. For cinematograph films, sound recordings, photographs, posthumous publications, anonymous and pseudonymous publications, works of government and works of international organizations, the 60-year period is counted from the date of publication.
A copyright holder has the right to translate, reproduce and adapt the creative work; the right to be credited for it; the right to determine who may adapt the work to other forms and who may get monetary benefits out of it.
A website cannot be copyrighted in one application, rather you cannot copyright the entire website as it is made of various elements such as the content would be termed as literary work, the source code and object code of the website would also be considered as literary work, the pictures, artistic works would be considered as a separate work and therefore, individual copyright applications must be filed for such different elements of the website.
Yes, if the discrepancy is not removed within the said timeline, the application will be abandoned.